September 29, 2026

Tell Me Something Tuesday Round-Up (September 2026)


Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme created by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings in order to discuss a wide range of topics from books to blogging (and some slightly more personal matters throw in for good measure). After Heidi stopped blogging (apparently for good), five of us took over as hosts while providing new questions. The current team is composed of Berls at Because Reading Is Better Than Real Life, Jen at That's What I'm Talking About, Karen at For What It's Worth, Linda at Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell and Roberta at Offbeat YA. This week's question is... This time I'm doing a round-up of the last month's worth of questions, because I hate how I've been M.I.A. when it comes to the meme!

September 2026 Round-Up
+ Question of the Day:
SWEET OR SALTY SNACKS - WHICH DO YOU PREFER?

  • September 8th: Do you ever go to class reunions? (a question I submitted)
Nope. As soon as we were out of high school, I lost touch with everyone (except a friend I had a toxic relationship with, but that's a story for another day). Another one of my mistakes, I suppose. And maybe my life would have taken a different course if I hadn't...but assuming I would have ended up where I am now nevertheless, it's better that I don't have a reunion to attend, given what I have (not) done with my life...


  • September 15th: What’s one thing that’s always in your fridge? (a question I submitted)
Apart from the basic things - like milk, butter, eggs or garlic - my fridge always hosts a massive yoghurt selection (both me and my husband consume it), and at least a couple of mayonnaise tubes (more in the summer, especially since we eat a lot of stuffed tomatoes).

  • September 22nd: Tell us about your current (or past) job (a question I submitted)
Most of you know I've worked as a radio host at a local station for 20 years, until it closed in 2022 after facing a hard couple of years in the wake of the pandemic. Most of you also know I used to LOVE radio, but that love ultimately turned sour for a number of reasons...here's how I summarised that experience in a 2023 post:
One of the worst (rare) decisions I've ever made was knock on the local radio stations' doors (two of them - the first one shut up shop after a few months, the second left me unemployed after 20 years). Once I entered those doors, my life freeze-framed. When I realised that there wasn't enough money and recognition to be had, ever (I said recognition, not fame - like from my boss, for instance 😬), I was already too old, too tired and too unskilled in everything else to look for a different job. So I didn't leave the place...until the place left me.
I did try looking for a new job immediately after, but it was just a pipe dream, at my age and in my situation (especially when my husband became bedridden, and even when he left the bed after three years, because I mean, he's still disabled), so I stopped early on...and now I'm waiting for my pension (it will be years...).

  • September 29th: Sweet or salty snacks - which do you prefer?
I eat very little sweets, and none of the snack variety...I have a salty tooth though - fries are the bee's knees 😁.

I hope this is not AI-made...

Well, that's it for now. Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to participate in the meme on a regular or semi-regular basis, and get emailed the prompt list? Just head over here and fill in Jen's form! (Of course, you can jump in anytime you like - you are under no obligation to actually do all the posts, or even most of them, just because you signed up, and you can remove yourself from the list at any time). And if you're interested in participating in a more casual manner, or only in commenting, here is the TMST prompt list for the month of  October and (since I'll be on hiatus next month) November:

  • October 6th: If you had to teach a class or give a TED Talk, what would it be about?
  • October 13th: What animal do you think best represents your personality?
  • October 20th: If you could have any office supply in unlimited quantities, what would it be?
  • October 27th: Who do you want on your team during the zombie apocalypse and why?
  • November 3rd: What's your proudest achievement?
  • November 10th: Which emoji do you use the most?
  • November 17th: Which tropes do you enjoy the most? (a question I submitted)
  • November 24th: Which books are you looking forward to reading this winter? (December-February)

I'll only be back for the meme on Nov 17th, with an October-November (partial) roundup, given that 1) as I said I'll be on hiatus next month and 2) I want to do a separate TMST post on Nov 24th.

Now tell me something...do you have a sweet tooth or a salty tooth?
(By the way - of course you're welcome to answer any of the other monthly questions too in the comments, or even all of them!)

20 comments:

  1. We must have had the same toxic high school friend. I have also never attended a reunion and can really only think of one, maybe two people I would like to connect with again. And honestly, from what I've seen on Facebook from past reunions, they don't attend either. Something I always have in my fridge? I would say cottage cheese. The boys can eat it when they get an upset tummy so I always keep it handy. Plus, Mr. Barb eats a lot of it. You kind of know a bit about my job but I will share I was accepted to three different law schools before deciding I did not want to be a lawyer. I still think it was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One or two people? That's kind of sad. I didn't have a bad experience of high school overall, but I never really "connected" with anyone, and I wouldn't like for them to see what I've become (while you would at least have something going for you in that department).

      I didn't know dogs ate cottage cheese!

      Being accepted to three law schools sounds like an accomplishment, even if you ended up doing something different with your life (glad you don't regret your choice!).

      Delete
    2. Yes, they can also take Pepto Bismo - boxers are notorious for their shaky digestive systems. I had lots of acquaintances in high school; I just have always had one or two close friends and have never been much of a social butterfly. I did go to Prom with one of my best friends back then whose name was Ken. I do wish we had stayed in touch (of course it took a while to get over the Barbie/Ken references).

      Delete
    3. I love the Prom story LOL.

      Delete
  2. I would not go to my high school reunion. Never have, never will. First off I went to 4 different high schools. For a lot of reasons. I did have several people I'm friends with on FB from 7-9 grade. But 2 of them have passed away. So there's just 2 now that I'm still friends with.

    I would say one thing always in my fridge now a days is fruit and vegetables. I eat a lot of vegetables now, down 70 lbs and still trying to lose more. It's a long process for me. Take 2 years so far. I love sweets, I didn't get this big eating carrots. lol I plan on making cookies this Christmas for family so we'll see if I can keep from eating dozens of them while trying to make some for family. lol

    My sweet tooth is bad. 🍪🍪🍪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to four different schools surely didn't help, but it's nice that you managed to stay friends with a few of your old pals, though two of them sadly passed away (too young!).

      70 lbs is a great accomplishment! LOL, it definitely wasn't the carrots 😂. I need to pay attention to what fruits and vegetables I eat because of my IBS. If it were for sweets I wouldn't have a problem in the world...It must be torture to have to avoid them/limit their intake when one has a bad case of sweet tooth.

      Delete
  3. I let someone talk me into one high school reunion, and I regretted it. Never. Again. It IS so hard to start over at our age. Every time I left a career I hated, I took a huge pay cut. After 12 years at my company, I am still not making what I was making my last year of teaching, but I still have my sanity. Fries. It's been too long since I had some. I must fix this on my vacation. I am savory all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I let someone talk me into one high school reunion, and I regretted it. Never. Again."
      That bad?

      The pay thing sucks, but sanity can't be bought. Teaching can be rewarding, but it's a nightmare in so many ways (I can see Shannon nod vigorously).

      Delete
  4. Okay wait I need to know about these stuffed tomatoes! They sound amazing.
    I like sweet and salty foods together.
    Also I didn't see where the meme went past October! Now I have them to answer too!
    Ash @ Essentially Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My version of stuffed tomatoes has only canned tuna and mayonnaise in it (I salt the tomatoes' insides first of course), with a generous dose of capers on top. And they aren't cooked. Nothing fancy!

      Sweet and salty foods together sounds quirky!

      Delete
  5. Stuffed tomatoes with tuna and capers sound really good, and they're not far from what we'd eat here in Sicily in summer. I'm a salty person too, so fries get my vote.
    https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where that recipe comes from, but I'm not surprised that Sicily has something similar!

      Delete
  6. I've never gone to a single reunion and I don't think that will ever changed. I guess there might be something to them but I've never found out. Besides, seeing people you know in youth as older people is kind of freaky.

    I'm thinking now I'll be probably like you in the job department - I'm waiting for my job to leave me instead of the other way around. The thought of starting over in another job just sounds terrifying.

    I like sweet and salty snacks. Why choose? I love McDonald's fries until I found out they are made with toxic ingredients but not in the UK which is odd. And M&M's - can't eat them now because they also had toxic ingredients. Apparently everything outside the US is healthier. I guess if I have to choose, I would go for the salty.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Besides, seeing people you know in youth as older people is kind of freaky."
      Ha! If too many years have passed, probably!

      Starting over at a certain age is not only terrifying - most of the times, it's impossible...no one hires you anymore (at least unless you have a terrific resume...).

      I didn't know fries and M&Ms had different excipients or whatever in the US as opposed to other countries. That's odd. And toxic ones, even? I mean, those are not healthy foods to begin with, but that's a completely different thing from being toxic...

      Delete
  7. I definitely have a sweet tooth! Although wait, I love salty foods too, lol. And I used to go to my high school reunions, which were awkward and really just a brag party to show off what you've accomplished (or not!) I did go to my 20th reunion and I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter, so that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "And I used to go to my high school reunions, which were awkward and really just a brag party to show off what you've accomplished (or not!)"
      The "brag party" is exactly one of the things I would be afraid of LOL. But the awkward part, too...I mean, you lose contact with a bunch of people for 10 or 20 years and...who knows them anymore? not to mention you were kids when you last saw one another.

      "I did go to my 20th reunion and I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter, so that was fun!"
      I'm sure that was fun LOL. I'm surprised you even went, what with being 8 months pregnant. Champ! I bet they were scared you were going to go into labor early in front of them 😂.

      Delete
  8. Mmmmm fries! Kid had left fries today and I ate them even if they had been out a while cos mmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, who can resist fries? Even slightly stale ones?

      Delete
  9. Now I want fries. I love them. I didn't even think about garlic, but I also always have that in my fridge. And now that it's October, I have pumpkin beer in my fridge. My favorite by far is the out now and I've stocked up. It's only around for a month or two at most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know pumpkin beer existed! Then again. I don't like pumpkin anything LOL. Too sweet for me. Anyhow, I looked it up, and it looks like some brewers produce it here as well (as a craft beer).

      Delete

Welcome to Offbeat YA! I love hearing from you and always - I mean always - acknowledge your comments. This used to be a full democracy place, because anyone could comment, regardless of being a registered member of any community. Unfortunately, I had to turn off the Anonymous comment option, because I was getting too much spam that didn't get filtered. So, you’ll need to have a Google account (Gmail will suffice) in order to comment. Sorry about that. Anyway, jump right in! Come on, you know you want to...😉 And be sure to leave a link!
BTW...I don't care if a post is a million months old - you comment, I respond. And you make my day 😃.
Note: this is an award/tag free blog. Sorry I can't accept nominations due to lack of time.

As per the GDPR guidelines, here's the link to my Privacy Policy.