So I thought that - with almost 4 years of blogging under my belt - I'd hit you with a few relevant (but also funny...I hope?) facts about myself. I've seen posts like this around, usually in the TTT meme. I know, I lost a chance to get visitors by not joining the proper TTT when it was around - but you should all know by now how much me and memes don't get along ;D. So, here goes...ten of my quirks, plus a bonus...
1. I would do ANYTHING to have naturally curly hair - the curlier the better - even give all my Christopher Pike books away (...I can hear everyone say "OOOOOH!"). I've been perming my hair once a year (cutting the old bits away) since I was 15 or 16, but of course, it's not the same. Oh, in case you're wondering, I have a nice and healthy mane :). And I'm VERY MUCH AWARE that it's unpopular to have, let alone LIKE, curly hair. It's one of the reasons why I love to wear mine that way (like in my avatar, only much curlier). And I do wear it proudly, because it says I'm wild at heart and I can't be tamed.
|This is Brian May from rock band Queen (well, the back of his head) in the '70s. ENVYYYYY.|
2. My favourite colours are black and red, preferably together. But I love any strong/vivid colour (this probably won't come as a surprise, given my blog layout...), while you won't catch me dead wearing grey, brown or blue (white, in a really small dose, I can tolerate). Same as my hair, strong colours give my real self away ;). It's funny, because it's not like I want people to notice me...I'm quite shy, to tell you the truth. But A) vivid colours sing to my soul; B) I have to strongly assert myself both with my hair and my clothes. Contradiction, I know. I'm full of them ;D.
3. Since I'm at it, I might as well add that I'm extremely colour-coordinated. Even at home with no one watching. To the point that even my slippers have to match my clothes - or, at worst, to be black or white, so they can go with everything.
4. I never go out without make-up. Just lightly rimmed eyes, a touch of colour on the cheeks and a bit of powder, but it HAS to be there.
5. Despite everything I've just said, I'm not vain. Just extremely punctilious ;D.
6. I find it SO hard to wake up in the morning, no matter which hour I went to sleep. In a perfect world, I could probably sleep until noon ;D.
7. I've never learned how to drive. Too scared. The only thing I used to be able to do was ride a bicycle, but it's ages since I last did. I'm a scaredy cat.
8. I've never learned how to swim either. Again, too scared. But it doesn't bum me out, because even if I pratically live on the sea, I never go to the beach. Too much work, and it would bore me anyway.
9. I refuse to own a cellphone. Whoever wants to talk to me, they have to find me at home for that.
10. I have a fascination for old castles, fortresses and ruins. Not the kind of luxury places where a princess could have lived - I mean the early medieval fortresses. Such as this one:
|Fortress of Sarzana (Liguria, Italy). We have far more impressive ones, but the pics weren't free, so I just picked one that was.|
11 (Bonus). I'm weird ;D. In case you haven't noticed yet.
Then again, this is my mantra...
OK, so I spilled all my dirtiest secret, now it's YOUR turn! It's only fair, right? Surprise me :).