September 01, 2019

Tooting Your Trumpet #4


Some people toot their own trumpet. I mean to toot yours. On the first Sunday of every month, I'm sharing your posts, your sites, anything interesting I stumble upon during my internet vagrancies. This month on TYT...
  • HOW TO USE TRELLO TO ORGANIZE YOUR BLOG (a post on Kelly's blog Another Book in the Wall)
  • TEEN INFLUENCERS BOOK BLOG DIRECTORY (a database on Kelly's blog - see above)
  • IS THAT A COMPLIMENT? (a discussion post on Sam's blog We Live and Breath Books, where she discusses tagging authors in positive reviews)
  • BLOGGING MISTAKES NOT TO REPEAT (a TMST discussion post on Heidi's blog Rainy Day Ramblings)
 Please note: all the graphics featured in these posts are property of the blog/site owners, and are only used in association with their blog/site links.

***

How to use Trello to Organize Your Blog (post) - by Kelly


Trello is "a customizable, list-making program, designed for blog organization". I didn't know about Trello, and I didn't know about Kelly's blog, but I somehow stumbled upon her post, and what with me being a planner at heart, I found it interesting. Personally, I rely on my own spreadsheets, and filling in Excel grids is one of my guilty pleasures (OK, I'm weird, and I don't have a life on top of that). But if you struggle with DIY projects and still want to stay organised when it comes to blogging, Trello sounds like a great tool, and Kelly will give you all the info you need to use it to your best advantage!

***

Teen Influencers Book Blog Directory (list) - by Kelly


While perusing Kelly's blog, I discovered she's building a database of teen bloggers. Now, I love to read YA, and I'm a senior blogger - which I'm perfectly fine with, and Kelly isn't questioning the right of people like me to blog about YA books. But since those books are (of course) primarily aimed at teens, and since the blogosphere is full of ex-teens discussing teen books, it's only fair that the real audience of such books would try to find others like them to hang on with, which sometimes proves to be difficult. And it's only fair that the same teens would want to "be recognized and promoted by other readers, bloggers, authors, and publishers", as Kelly puts it. So, if you're a teen book blogger, or you know someone who is, head to Kelly's blog and join/have them join her directory!

***

Is That a Compliment? (discussion post) - by Sam


Sam is a wizard at coming up with discussion posts, so it's a no-brainer that I'll have to link to one from time to time, even if most of you follow her already. This time she's musing on the rights and wrongs of tagging authors in positive reviews - something that came up on Twitter recently. I must admit I'm a bit of a black sheep here haha - I believe it's the blogger's prerogative to tag, and the author's to ignore the tag if they feel so inclined. But regardless - head to Sam's blog and participate in the discussion (she usually replies to comments on older posts too!).

***

Blogging Mistakes Not to Repeat (discussion post) - by Heidi


Heidi is another blogger most of you already know, but in case you missed it, I decided to link to one of her Tell Me Something Tuesday installments, because it's useful. (BTW - where would I be now without her TMST prompts? A tonner of posts behind my yearly goal, that's for sure 😅). There are never too many posts where the bloggers reflect on their rookie mistakes and give advice to those who are just starting, or are still new to the blogging game!

***

That's all for now folks! See you the first Sunday of every month for more!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my post! I have never heard of Trello. I have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a blogging superhero AND the queen of discussion posts. You'll have to live with that 😜.

      Delete
  2. It's so cool that you share OTHER peoples posts! More people in the community should do this.. Including me... Will keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but they do - only maybe in their Sunday Post or other recaps instead of a dedicated monthly post (so they end up sharing more stuff than I do LOL).

      Delete
    2. I've seriously NEVER seen it. Really pondering right now to include it in my Sunday Posts :)

      Delete
    3. Glad I gave you an idea!

      Delete
  3. I'd never heard of Trello either, so that's interesting. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, the teen directory is such a nice idea! That's a useful list of mistakes to avoid as well. I'm not keeping up very well right now and trying not to stress about it. 😕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just put a lot on your plate this summer - that's all. It shall pass 😉.

      Delete
  5. Really need to check out Kelly's posts- I always enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you know her LOL. I seem to be so out of the loop - I find someone new to me who blogs and most people know them already...Well, at least there's always the odd post by them that escaped someone's attention LOL.

      Delete
  6. I love Kelly and her Trello post was super helpful!! And Sam has some of the best discussions. I really enjoyed that one too. She always makes me think about the things that I choose to do. ❤ I'll have to check out the last... there are so many rookie mistakes that I probably still make!! Thanks for sharing Roberta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam has been crowned Discussion Post Queen and is reigning over us 😉.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  7. I might not always have an opinion to share, but I love reading TMST posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best meme out there right now!

      Delete

Welcome to Offbeat YA! I love hearing from you and always - I mean always - acknowledge your comments. This used to be a full democracy place, because anyone could comment, regardless of being a registered member of any community. Unfortunately, I had to turn off the Anonymous comment option, because I was getting too much spam that didn't get filtered. So, you’ll need to have a Google account (Gmail will suffice) in order to comment. Sorry about that. Anyway, jump right in! Come on, you know you want to...😉 And be sure to leave a link!
BTW...I don't care if a post is a million months old - you comment, I respond. And you make my day 😃.
Note: this is an award/tag free blog. Sorry I can't accept nominations due to lack of time.

As per the GDPR guidelines, here's the link to my Privacy Policy.