October 01, 2016

October Plans (or Lack Thereof)

Hi my sweeties!

I, um, have a confession to make...I might go on a small hiatus this month.


I was congratulating myself for being so brave this summer - posting once a week even without a weekly meme forcing me to do so (like the Summer Blogger Promo Tour in 2015). And I did mean to keep on course...I even wanted to do my own Spooky October this year. But the thing is - no, the things are...
  1. I have a few books to read and review, but since they are in PDF and I don't have a portable reading device, I can't do the most of my time. One of them I requested from the author (Crash Alive by Christopher Kerns), so I feel even worse at the thought of delaying the read any longer (well, I've read half the book, but still), not to mention my promised review - but I just can't keep up with everything right now...Yes, I know, I need to invest in a notebook, so that I can read and write everywhere and everywhen - but it just isn't possible for now :( ;
  2. I agreed to beta-read the latest baby of Troy H. Gardner - which, if you don't know him, is Erin Callahan's writing partner for the Mad World series, and (among other things) the author of a funny and diverse contemporary on Wattpad that you all should totally read;
  3. I also agreed to write a guest post for (in strict alphabetical order) Ruzaika and Veronika at The Regal Critiques (to be featured in their own Spooky October), and I want it to be special, just as they deserve it to be...;
  4. Family/work reasons. Nothing major, but I'm finding it difficult to stay afloat, especially because...
  5. I'm tired. My body is tired. My mind is tired. Right now, the latter just wants to post funny (?) comebacks on Twitter, and play silly escape games on the net during working hours (without finishing a single one ever).
So, I basically need quiet reading time before I try and find more writing time. I need to recharge. I need to have no string attached for a little while. I need time (and a clear mind) to comment on my friends' and blogging buddies' posts. I need to feel the spark. Just a little rest, and I'll be good as new...

(One of my favourite Freddie offstage moments! ♥)

10 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed right now! I hope this small hiatus will help you with the stress and make you feel better and ready to dive back into blogging.

    Until then, go, rest and come back recharged and stronger than ever before. <3

    Veronika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err...I was thinking...may I borrow a coblogger? ;D

      Thank you hon!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we all just need a break, I'm glad you'll be getting some much needed rest for the month of October!
    Miranda @ Miranda's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because October is one of the busiest months for the book blogging community, and I'm taking a hiatus instead...just bad timing, I guess ;D. But at least I'll find the time to read more posts from you all and comment on them!

      Delete
  3. YIKES, I'm so sorry I couldn't get around to bloghopping sooner! NOW WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT YOU SLACKING OFF? Nah, I feel you, and I totally think you deserve this small break. For me though, blogging doesn't feel like a huge burden which is largely thanks to Vera. So I don't think I'll take a hiatus riiight now even though things are pretty hectic and you keep telling me I need a break, bless you! <3 I'm really disappointed you couldn't go ahead with your own seasonal event for Halloween, though- maybe next year? *fingers crossed* Anyway, make the maximum out of this little hiatus and come back stronger than ever! I'll wait :D

    Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am slacking off indeed. I keep thinking that you and Vera are a great team and are lucky to have each other!

      I want to do my Spooky October one day. I was thinking that I could start prepping it during the year, so that I'll have it covered when the time comes. For now, all the glory goes to The Regal Critiques :).

      Thanks for waiting! :-*

      Delete
  4. I just might be joining you and taking a break this month. lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do it! I find a place where we can relax. You bring the dogs. :D Maybe they're not relaxing, but I'd love to pet them!

      Delete
  5. Well... I'm slacking off as well.... Because...

    I'm tired as well. Funny comebacks are great though. Also GIF Wars. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even have the required amount of energy for those right now LOL.
      BUT you have cobloggers at least!

      Delete

Welcome to Offbeat YA! I love hearing from you and always - I mean always - acknowledge your comments. This used to be a full democracy place, because anyone could comment, regardless of being a registered member of any community. Unfortunately, I had to turn off the Anonymous comment option, because I was getting too much spam that didn't get filtered. So, you’ll need to have a Google account (Gmail will suffice) in order to comment. Sorry about that. Anyway, jump right in! Come on, you know you want to...😉 And be sure to leave a link!
BTW...I don't care if a post is a million months old - you comment, I respond. And you make my day 😃.
Note: this is an award/tag free blog. Sorry I can't accept nominations due to lack of time.

As per the GDPR guidelines, here's the link to my Privacy Policy.